Material from Chapter 1, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 20, 21, and 24
The following concepts will be part of the assessment for this semester.
1. Be able to make healthy substitutions for foods such as:
cheeseburger A. frozen yogurt
sausage biscuit B. grilled chicken sandwich
ice cream C. English muffin with Canadian bacon
3. What is anorexia? Bulimia? What are the symptoms of each?
4. What is? And be able to give an example?
Cardio respiratory endurance?
5. Obesity can cause:
C. colon cancer
D. high blood pressure
E. all of the above
F. none of the above
Obese is when a person’s BMI is over ________.
6. How many calories come from protein & carbohydrates? Fat?
7. What are the 6 nutrients? And what food sources provide those nutrients? And what
function in your body do the nutrients do?
8. Cholesterol and fat are necessary nutrients. TRUE or FALSE
9. What is a pre-game meal and when should it be eaten?
10. What is osteoporosis?
11. What influences a person to eat what they do?
12. How many glasses of water should you drink a day?
13. Most of your energy should come from what nutrient?
14. Rickets is a deficiency disease where crooked legs and misshapen breast bones
occurs. TRUE or FALSE
15. What are the fat soluble vitamins? And water-soluble?
16. A calorie is a unit of energy value of foods. TRUE or FALSE
17. The key ingredient on a cereal box label is sugar. TRUE or FALSE
18. Circle the food that has the least amount of FAT.
Whole grain muffin doughnut bagel croissant
19. TRUE or FALSE Skipping breakfast makes it hard to have a balanced
20. An ideal breakfast is 2 grains, 1 or 2 fruits and veggies and _______ dairy.
21. Who is becoming increasingly fat? (what age group)
22. Fat provides the body with (more or less) energy than carbohydrates.
23. Saturated fats come from ___________________.
24. Soda or coffee are not good choices for breakfast. TRUE or FALSE
25. Circle the food that has the HIGHEST FAT content.
English muffin biscuits pancakes/waffles bagels
26. Poor nutrition through out a person’s life can~ (circle all that are correct)
A. create health problems
B. always be corrected during later stages
C. shorten the life span
27. What may encourage a preschooler to eat?
28. Teens need more energy, as much protein as adults and smaller amounts of
vitamins and minerals than adults. TRUE or FALSE
29. What nutrient is most important for athletes? ______________________
30. Is slowing metabolism a benefit of physical activity? _________
31. Circle what does NOT affect a person’s daily calorie needs?
Age body composition eating habits sex
32. What is scurvy a deficiency of _________________
33. The Dietary Guidelines suggest low or no use of _______________>
34. What is absorption?
35. Beriberi and pellagra are __________________ deficiencies.
36. Anemia is a _________________ deficiency.
37. How many ounces of meat is one serving? _____________
38. Who needs calcium?
39. If you don’t supply your body with calcium; your body will take the calcium from
40. How many glasses (8 oz.) of milk should you drink every day? __________
41. Vitamin D comes from what 2 sources?
42. Create a venn diagram comparing and contrasting anorexia and bulimia.
43. Identify the following kitchen equipment.
44. _____________ is half of 1 c. of milk
45. ___________ teaspoons are in 1 tablespoon.
46. ____________ cup is in 1 stick of butter or margarine
47. ______________ + _____________ equals measuring ¾ c. sugar
48. ______________ is half of ½ c. of flour
49. What are the measurements are in a standard set of measuring spoons and cups?
50. Draw a place setting for one person to eat mac-n-cheese.